Spring Break: Day 1
So, I was dreading this week a little. I know, I know, that sounds horrible, like I don't love my girls or something. I know most moms are excited to have their kids home for a whole week, but with a daughter who THRIVES on routine and structure, it's hard to change her schedule. When she's not happy, it makes it hard on everyone!


EK had ABA therapy for 2 hours this afternoon. She did alright. Some crying, of course, but she also worked hard. My mom was sweet to come stay at the house while AC napped and EK had therapy so I could run to the grocery store. EK doesn't handle places like the store or a restaurant well anymore. She did great at one time...man, that seems so long ago now. Usually I run all my errands with AC while EK is at preschool. It's taking a little extra planning to get errands done this week! :)
Today both girls slept until almost 8am. Something that is pretty much unheard of in this house! Guess I wasn't the only one who needed some rest. ;) I had planned to take the girls to the park this morning...just so we could get out of the house for a little bit. The weather didn't seem as pleasant as I thought it was supposed to be, so I put the idea on the back-burner. We spent most of the morning eating breakfast, watching some TV, and hanging out in the playroom. By 10:30, EK had had enough. She started having a meltdown. I knew she wasn't hungry or tired. My guess was she was frustrated with not knowing what was next. I called my friend Amber and she suggested meeting at the park. I quickly got the girls ready and we were out the door.
EK had a rough time at first. Not sure why, it's a park we frequently visit (mainly b/c there's only one way in and out!) and there weren't many people there. After a couple minutes of being held, she ventured off to play a bit. Her favorite part of the playground is the tunnel. She likes the swings too. I like that I know exactly where she is while I push her in the swing! :)




AC had a great time too. She made several friends there. I was glad to know she was having fun, although she tried several times to go to the big kid side. Thankfully she obeyed each time I asked her to come back to the preschool side. :)
EK had ABA therapy for 2 hours this afternoon. She did alright. Some crying, of course, but she also worked hard. My mom was sweet to come stay at the house while AC napped and EK had therapy so I could run to the grocery store. EK doesn't handle places like the store or a restaurant well anymore. She did great at one time...man, that seems so long ago now. Usually I run all my errands with AC while EK is at preschool. It's taking a little extra planning to get errands done this week! :)
Tomorrow we have a playdate at a friend's house and EK will have 2 hours of ABA therapy. Wednesday we're hanging out with my mom, my sister, and my niece "baby Callie" (as AC calls her). Since both my mom and sister are teachers, it'll be fun to spend time with them on their break. Thursday we are heading east to MS to see Keith's parents. Before you know it, it'll be time for EK to go back to preschool! ;) I know she'll be ready!
Precious, precious pictures! Those girls and their BLUE-EST eyes in Texas...love em!
ReplyDeleteGlad it was a fun day, and that you all 3 got some much needed rest!
Hang in there girl! I am sure the week will fly by. :)
they are sooo darn cute.....hang in there girl....your a good momma and the girls look like they were having a good time....
ReplyDelete