updated the March 2nd post

If you're interested in hearing/seeing Keith preach at chapel last week, there's a link at the bottom of my March 2nd post. It will take you to the chapel archives. If there are additional pastors since he was there, just find March 2nd. :)

Keith got home yesterday afternoon from the Shepherd's Conference in Los Angelos, CA. He had been there since Tuesday evening. He usually makes his annual trip because he's always encouraged as a pastor. He also gets to hear some great preaching from some of his favorite pastors. I'm glad he had the opportunity to get away and get refreshed spiritually.

It was difficult having him away though. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but I have a new appreciation for single moms. Our morning are much smoother when he's around to help get the girls ready and I always enjoy a little break when he comes home for dinner, even if it's just so I can focus on getting our meal ready. The girls miss him terribly too. Obviously EK can't verbally tell me she's sad about her daddy being gone, but her demeanor says it loud and clear. We went to pick him up from the airport Saturday afternoon and when EK heard his voice as he put his bags in the back, she got the biggest grin on her face! I know it made her daddy happy too! :) AC missed her daddy too. She told him that she wanted to go on an airplane "all by herself" (her favorite thing to say right now). She wants a little plane though, not a big one.

All 3 of us girls are thankful to have Keith back! He hit the ground running when he came home, visiting families who'd lost loved ones and preparing his sermon for today. All part of being a pastor! I know he's honored to do it!

Comments

  1. I know that you are sooo glad to have Keith home! I totally agree with what you said about having a new appreciation for single moms. I feel that way every time that Wade is gone. Fathers are an integral part of the family unit, and they are very missed when they are absent, for sure!

    I hope that you know how much we all (as your church body) appreciate you and Keith. You both make many, many sacrifices for our family of believers and I don't want you to ever think that goes unnoticed. We are extremely grateful for you both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 months ago today...

Autism Awareness Day

Anticipating Christmas