Back to our regularly scheduled program

Yesterday EK went back to preschool. I wasn't sure if she'd be excited or sad when we got there. She fussed a little at drop-off, but that ended quickly. When I picked her up yesterday, her teachers said she was so happy and fell right back into the routine. She participated during group time (as much as one can when they don't talk) and colored 3 different papers. (That shocked me!)
Today was another good day. I think Ms. EK is relieved to have some normalcy in her life again! A week off is torture for her. She doesn't know what to expect. Preschool, on the other hand, has a daily routine and lots of structure. The thing that really makes me happy about this week is that she had a student teacher and a new friend join the class on Monday. There are now 5 kids in her morning class. (We've been spoiled to have 3 most of the year with 3 teachers!)
We haven't had ABA the past 2 days b/c EK's therapist was sick. Hopefully we'll start that back up tomorrow afternoon. Then we'll have speech on Thursday. I know our schedule might sound crazy, but it's predictable and even I like that! ;)

Comments

  1. Way to go EK! I'm thankful she adjusted to school quickly and I'm hoping and praying that ABA will go well. Thanks for all the updates. I looked for you Sunday. I'm sorry I missed you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever title! You're so cute!

    I'm glad that you all are back in your usual groove and that EK had a great Monday. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...