Observations of a 2 year old
I am constantly amazed at how perceptive AC is. She picks up someone's name the first time she hears it and will remember it the next time she sees them. She notices when someone is angry, sad, excited, or acting shy. (her words) When Keith comes home in the evening, she gives a play-by-play of our day, telling details I had completely forgotten about.
The past couple weeks AC has made comments that EK isn't talking. I'm not sure if she didn't notice it before or if it bothers her now that EK doesn't interact with her. Regardless, I've made the comments an opportunity to teach AC that we can pray about anything, including wanting her sister to talk. Several times, I've said a simple prayer with her. "Dear God, please help Emma Kate talk soon. Amen." This morning when we dropped EK off at school, AC prayed for her sister. I didn't catch it all, but there was an "amen" at the end. Things like that make my heart smile! May she always be thoughtful and compassionate toward others! :)
The past couple weeks AC has made comments that EK isn't talking. I'm not sure if she didn't notice it before or if it bothers her now that EK doesn't interact with her. Regardless, I've made the comments an opportunity to teach AC that we can pray about anything, including wanting her sister to talk. Several times, I've said a simple prayer with her. "Dear God, please help Emma Kate talk soon. Amen." This morning when we dropped EK off at school, AC prayed for her sister. I didn't catch it all, but there was an "amen" at the end. Things like that make my heart smile! May she always be thoughtful and compassionate toward others! :)
how precious is that!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it!!! I hope Addy is that compassionate! Thank you for your blog! I love knowing how best to pray for you guys!
ReplyDelete