Rocky start this morning...

EK starts preschool at 8am. We try to leave the house around 7:50. It only takes us about 5 minutes to get there, but the morning traffic at school is CRAZY!!! It's routine since we've been doing it for over 7 months now, so it doesn't seem that early anymore.

This morning, I had EK's backpack, my purse, my coffee, and library books (that were due today) in hand and was ready to take the girls out to the car. When I reached into my purse to grab the keys, I couldn't find them. I patiently looked on the counter to see if they had fallen out. (I'm usually SO good about putting my keys IN my purse!) After 5 minutes, I became a little frantic, knowing that EK was going to be late for school. Keith started looking as well, also trying to make me think about where I last had them. I spent yesterday afternoon sorting through stuff that I'd taken out of our Highlander and deciding what was needed for the Sienna. Did I drop them into the bags of stuff? Did I lock them in the car? Did they some how end up in the trash? 5 minutes turned into 15 minutes. Keith left for work and I kept searching. I looked everywhere I knew too: garage, the kitchen, the pants I'd worn yesterday, etc. I was frustrated that I wasn't going to get the errands run that I needed to today. I was frustrated that EK was missing school. I was frustrated that we hadn't gotten a 2nd set of keys. (They are coming in the mail, so this shouldn't happen again!)

EK's teacher called around 8:20 just to check on her. I told her about the lost keys and she said to bring EK in when I found them. Keith called a minute after and told me to look in the couch. He thought maybe the girls had gotten them. That's a scary thought, right? The keys could've been ANYWHERE! I searched the couch and didn't find them, but as I was coming around the couch I saw a ride-on toy with MY KEYS hanging from the steering wheel. Apparently, AC needed them for her trip. It's more fun when you use REAL keys right? I was so excited to find them that I wasn't even upset with AC! I know she didn't purposefully hide them, although it would've been nice if she'd remembered that she had been playing with them the night before. But she is 2 after all! :)

EK got to preschool around 8:40am and settled into routine very quickly. AC and I were able to run our errands. So, our rocky start quickly resolved itself!

Moral of the story: Get AC her OWN set of keys to play with! (That's on the "to-do" list tomorrow!)

Comments

  1. That's one of those stories that are so upsetting when you are in the moment, but later you can look back and laugh.

    Have I ever told you about the time when Clayton was 2 and I couldn't find my wedding ring? When I questioned him, he said, "It in da potty." Talk about a scary moment...

    I found it (wet - which tells me that it was, in fact, in the toilet at some point) 10 minutes later in a shoe. Sheer panic then, laughter now. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...