*Updated* Proud of my husband

Today was a totally different day for this stay-at home mom. I had the opportunity to support my sweet husband. Keith was extended an invitation to preach during the chapel service today at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. I was quite excited for him to say the least. He attended SWBTS for his MDiv and he's been working the past couple years on his DMin.
Since he's my husband, I can say that I think he's an incredible pastor/teacher. :) He has such a gift in teaching the Word of God. He's a humble man (knowing that anything good is from God) yet he's also very bold in proclaiming the truths of God's Word. I think that's hard for some pastors. Preaching the Bible isn't always the popular thing. If taught well, there are times the Bible will rebuke and correct us, as well as encourage us in righteousness.
He preached on I Corinthians 4:1-5. These verses remind him constantly of his role as a minister of the gospel.
"This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy." (verses 1 and 2)
It is an honor and privilege to be Keith's wife. I'm so proud to have a godly husband and pastor.
**updated with a link to hear/watch him preach if you're interested...
Loved this post! He is a great pastor/teacher! So glad you got to attend this event with him and hear him speak! You have every reason to be a proud wife! We are sincerely thankful for him as our pastor! :-)
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more! What a proud day indeed! We are blessed to call him our pastor too, and are SO thankful for Keith's boldness and conviction to be an obedient servant of Christ. His teaching is some of the best we have ever heard.
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of you two...you look so pretty!